Because of my shifts, I’m often able to run during daylight hours but most people aren’t.
How can you stay safe at night?
- Plan your route. Stick to roads you’re familiar with and feel comfortable running
- Be aware of your surroundings (consider leaving your headphones at home or using bone conducting headphones)
- Use GPS to tell someone where you are. Watches and phones can broadcast your location and put yours and other’s minds at ease.
- Consider a head torch. See where you’re going and be seen with a head torch.
- Light up your body! Look at body, arm or shoe lights. This is rated 4.9 out of 5 on Amazon and is rechargeable…not bad for £20
- Hi-vis clothing. Many shoes have reflectors on but they tend to be small.